woensdag 2 januari 2008

Martha Colburn



In my work I utilize the language and materials of filmmaking to comment on popular culture, consumerism, politics and sexuality. I focus on contemporary topics, such as the War in Iraq and the media’s obsession with celebrity and scandal to express my personal anxieties and passions. Through a collage of live action (paint-on- glass) animations, found footage and documentary filmmaking techniques, my films are a disturbing, and at times humorous take on pop culture.
bron:
nyartsmagazine


There's A Pervert In Our Pool! (1998)
excerpt


Spiders In Love: An Arachnogasmic Musical (2000)
excerpt

Cosmetic Emergency screens at
Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
Eyes Wide Open - New In the Collection
Jan. 19. 2008 - June.1.2008

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.