donderdag 24 april 2008

Sarah Maple



Sarah Maple takes a humorous approach to her work, which underplays the intensity of the content. In her self-portraits, she blurs the boundaries between pop-culture and religious devotion, portraying herself wearing a burka on Brighton Pier, or praying with bunny ears attached to her veil. “I don’t think that I am criticizing the religion itself,” she says. “I’m questioning the way some Muslims interpret the faith. I’m not saying we should all go and break the rules. I’m just saying that if you’re going to be a Muslim and pray every day, that doesn’t necessarily make you a good person… ”
bron: kanardo



3 Minute Wonder - Channel 4 (03:12)
Push play or go to
YouTube.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.