maandag 23 februari 2009

Harrell Fletcher




People often asked how I'm able to entice random strangers into working with me on art projects about their own lives. The answer is that I appear to actually be interested in the person and his or her activities. And what is the best strategy for appearing interested? The answer is to sincerely be interested in fact nothing else will work. This is not difficult for me, because I actually think that people are interesting. I would even go so far as to say that I have a great fondness for the human race.
source:
Harrell Fletcher - Towards a tender society of thoughtful questions and answers (2002)

video
If I Wasn't Me I Would Be You 2004
Christine Burgin Gallery, New York NY
(Excerpt) Total running time: 00:08:07

laurabartlettgallery

MIT lecture:
John Malpede with Harrell Fletcher, April 27, 2006 (realmedia 1:28:08 )

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.