donderdag 2 april 2009

Farheen Haq





My art practice investigates the body as a site of struggle and performance as a way to activate space. My artistic practice of video installation and photo-based work where I use myself as a subject is a way for me to exert my agency and create expansive spaces in opposition to the many closed and rigid systems that are imposed upon my body.
In my art-making, I attempt to reclaim my own cultural practices and exert my agency in the cultural and public spaces I occupy. In performing and making the work, the moments of resistance and transformation are what inspire me. As codified as our cultures and spaces may be, the room to move within their structures does exist. In the realm of my videos, I want the viewer to experience a space of limitless possibility.
source: truck.ca -
Farheen Haq Artist Statement

gallerytpw

(via dv blog)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.