dinsdag 25 augustus 2009

Kevin Zucker




David Shapiro: So, how do you make your paintings?

Kevin Zucker: I do 99% of my drawing on the computer. Then I've got a few different processes that I use for transferring plotter prints onto a smooth acrylic surface. In the end, I wind up masking those areas off and painting around the transferred ink. The process always degrades the legibility of the information, and the areas that suffer the most are those that are transferred out of the computer; those that wind up the
most "perfect" are the abstract painted areas. So, there's this constant play between something perfect and something decrepit, always with the sense that the decrepit thing was once perfect.
source: David Shapiro -
interview

Greenberg Van Doren Gallery

elevenrivington

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.