dinsdag 10 november 2009

Ellen Driscoll




I am also fascinated by cycles of decay and regeneration. For example, the strange phenomenon of a phantom limb still feeling sensation, is evidence of our brain circuitry re-wiring itself to compensate for loss. I see my work as an imaginative parallel to this biological phenomenon.. I am also interested in different forms of paradox; motion and stasis, weight and weightlessness, light and dark, wholeness and fragmentation are all held in tension in the physical act of encountering my work.
source:
artist statement

BOMBLive!
Ellen Driscoll & Anita Glesta,
In Conversation
Proteus Gowanus Gallery
Brooklyn, Fall 2007

video's

smackmellon

frederieketaylorgallery

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.