maandag 11 januari 2010

Anthony Discenza




Joseph del Pesco : With The Street Signs Project you’ve stepped away from the densely layered image-rich video work you’ve become known for into text.

Anthony Discenza : The Street Signs Project does seem like quite a departure from the video work, but they actually emerge from a tradition of working with text that goes way back in my practice, and in fact predates much of my video work. For years I’ve played with fragmentary pieces of text that I either found or wrote myself. I think of this activity as kind of shadow practice, one that has been deeply tied up with my having worked in office environments my whole adult life. Over the years I’ve accumulated entire drawers full of text-derived pieces, most of them printed or Xeroxed on 8 ½ x 11 paper, or scribbled on lined yellow legal pads.
source:
blog.sfmoma


Dream Home (03:17)
Digital video loop, 2007. Constructed from still images found by searching Google under the phrase "Dream Home."
Push play or go to
Vimeo

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.