woensdag 27 januari 2010

Hugh Pocock - My Food My Poop




Hugh Pocock: My Food My Poop, on view through August 16, 2009. Working in sculpture, installation, and video, Hugh Pocock creates works that explore issues surrounding the earth's natural resources and man's relationship to the production and consumption of energy. In the creation of Pocock's newest project, he became the subject in an intimate experiment intended to determine and better understand the energy produced by our bodies from the food we consume each day. Over the course of 63 days, Pocock meticulously weighed all the food and drink he consumed as well as all the waste and urine he eliminated. Determining these weights and then calculating the differences between them would represent an approximate measurement of each day's energy production.
source:
artdaily 2009

my food my poop - Baltimore City Paper/Bret McCabe

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.