zaterdag 20 maart 2010

Mel Bochner




Mel Bochner :
I'm often asked if these paintings are meant to be funny. Am I trying to be funny? That question always reminds me of the following exchange in Martin Scorcese's film "Goodfellas" between Henry, played by Ray Liotta, and Tommy, played by Joe Pesci:

Henry: You're really funny.

Tommy: What do you mean funny? You mean funny " ha ha"? You mean funny the way I talk? What?

Henry: It's just… you know. You're just funny.

Tommy: Funny how? What's funny about it? Tell me how I'm funny? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I'm here to fucking amuse you? What do you mean, funny? How am I funny?

Henry: You know, how you tell a story.

Tommy: No, I don't know. You said it. You said I'm funny. How am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me what's funny.

Henry: Get the fuck out of here, Tommy.

Tommy: Motherfucker! I almost had you there.

source:
marcselwynfineart

barbarakrakowgallery



Mel Bochner "Blah, Blah, Blah" (00:51)
Push play or go to
YouTube.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.