maandag 24 mei 2010

Nate Hill




Nate Hill : My work right now is about trying to see outside myself and not be such a self-centered artist and person. Yes I want fame, as many of us do, but I want it for a good reason. I want to deserve it and have it bedstowed upon me as a reward for hard work.

From when I began art making around 2002, I was selfish and insecure. I horded my taxidermy sculptures and refused to give them away or attempt to sell them rigorously. I think it was because I was afraid I could not repeat them, and also because I could not trust how the buyer would appreciate them. My work today is a response to this insecurity. I’ve learned to let go of my gifts and trust that there will be more to come.
source :
PSFK

Chinatown Garbage Tour


The Rogue Taxidermist (01:46)
Push play or go to
Ebaumsworld

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.