woensdag 9 juni 2010

Alison Elizabeth Taylor




Carmela Ciuraru : When you take in an artwork as a viewer–whether your own, or someone else’s–what reaction are you hoping it will provoke? What makes a piece satisfying or pleasing? What do you want from it?

Alison Elizabeth Taylor : I’m mostly working off my reaction to something I’ve seen in the world when I’m making something. I hope that if it’s something I have a strong reaction to, others will too. I think if an artwork is only satisfying and pleasing it has probably failed. If it provokes thought on more than one level, say formal and historical or subject and context, that starts to get somewhere.
source:
An Interview with Artist Alison Elizabeth Taylor - Carmela Ciuraru


oneartworld

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.