dinsdag 24 augustus 2010

Helena Wurzel




Helena Wurzel :
I use painting as a way to reinvent the world as I experience it. The people, places, and objects that I observe in my daily life are my largest source material. In this body of work I have focused on the ways in which figures occupy domestic space. The main characters in these paintings are my friends and myself. Whether the painting is a single portrait or a multi-figural composition, the figures tend to not face the viewer, but rather to each be in a contemplative state. In the more complex scenes, the different characters are in one another’s presence, yet each is somewhat absorbed in her own quiet moment of daily living.
source: russellprojects : Helena Wurzel -- Personal Statement

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.