maandag 6 september 2010

Allegedly: The Hugh Brown Chainsaw Collection




Hugh Brown :
I had just finished the John Baldessari and we went down to Grand Central and I laid the 8 foot tall Baldessari out on the floor and somebody burst out laughing and said "Do you want a show next May?" My goal was to have 40 pieces. I think I ended up with 45 pieces in the show. When the show "Allegedly" opened I remember standing in the doorway and I hadn't really seen them all together, the older pieces with the new ones, I remember thinking – "Hey, maybe this will work!" It really does look like it could be from a permanent collection.
source:
juxtapoz - Hugh Brown Interview with Greg Escalante and Wendy Sherman July 5th, 2010

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.