maandag 13 september 2010

Maximilian Toth




Graham Beck: I've spent the morning thinking about your paintings. More than anything else, they cause me to remember my own teenage years. Do they work like that for you?

Maximilian Toth: Definitely. I can look back on those years and see things that I wasn't able to see at the time. That time begins to make more sense, and so certain memories and stories accumulate as a narrative that feeds the decisions I'm making as a person. I'm interested in those loaded memories and stories in my work.
source: artinamericamagazine - Maximilian Toth Encourages Bad Behavior by Graham T Beck 01/22/10



A promo video for Max Toth's show of new paintings running Dec. 10- Jan.30 2009 at Fredericks and Freiser gallery, 536 W24th St. NY NY. (01:22)
Push play or go to
YouTube.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.