donderdag 16 december 2010

Erin M. Riley




Erin M. Riley:
I am working on a series that is inspired by the internet and the excess of images available. The pictures that I am most drawn to are ones depicting self-discovery, experimentation, vulnerability, regression or development. I am interested in the ways women become insecure, defiant, stubborn, obsessed, neurotic, etc. and I create stories based on research [on the web]. Images such as "Keg Stand!", "Wet T-shirt", "Hangover" and "Facebook Drama" are pictures representing young girls in absurdly vulnerable positions. They are drinking heavily, and presenting their bodies or personal issues to the masses. I find images from internet searches and Facebook, blowing them up into cartoons for my tapestries and weaving them on a Macomber floor loom with wool. These pieces are presented as traditional tapestries of snapshots which depict a generation of excess and confusion.
source:
my love for you is a stampede of horses

guerrerogallery

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.