vrijdag 25 februari 2011

Psycho-Motorische Geräuschaktion [Aktion Nr. 39]. Otto Mühl | 1967


A batch of films from Vienna that screened in a tiny ‘underground’ cinema in Munich moved me into an unexpected experience of a difficult–to-explain mix of charm, disgust and fear. I oscillated between surprise, fascination and revulsion. The films were baroque, even rococo – a cascade of prolonged “blood, shit and tears” scenes, agony, dirt, “sadism” – as if someone was inviting my stupidity to step forward. The authors of the films, obviously, wanted me scared or furious. The public was leaving the cinema in a panic. I had never before faced the anarchy of life cleansed of humour. However, the orchestrated chaos on the screen contained a lot of daring and a genuine indefinable “something”. And, also, the blood was more often ketchup, and the chaos was mostly an excess of flour being spilled around.

What I’d seen on the screen made me acutely aware that instead of staging some clumsy half-fantasy of mine with hired actors I could, and should, place my leading actress into a sort of living anti-psychiatry collective. I decided to get in touch with Otto Muehl.
source:
sensesofcinema - Dušan Makavejev

archivesmuehl

baggerblog-video
Otto Muehl Aktion Nr. 39
Psycho-Motorische Geräuschaktion 1967 (08:40)

push image to autoplay or go to ubu.com

1 reacties:

Anoniem zei

Vielen Dank für dieses Posting, war es sehr hilfreich und erzählte viel

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.