maandag 22 augustus 2011

Matthieu Lavanchy





Jörg Colberg: An integral part of your work involves constructing environments so that you can take photographs of them. So I’m wondering, are you a sculptor taking photographs, or are you a photographer using things you build as props?

Matthieu Lavanchy: I would say I’m a photographer using things I build as props. For me, it is not just about documenting something I created. The photographic aspects - the context, the light, the perspectives, the angle - are an integral part of the overall impact and meaning of my work. In my images, I try to get all the elements of a calculated set-up to work together to form a narrative and a sense-generating whole. And photography is a key part of this process.
source:
Jörg Colberg

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.